Monday, March 17, 2008

Afternoon Garden Delight


I went to another winning garden on Sunday afternoon. The light for photography was perfect.

On one side of the house was their kitchen garden, which you see in the movie. At first I only saw a few things that I recognized, such as tomatoes, cabbage, and strawberries! One of the guests pointed out the different trees in this section, including pomegranate, olive, mango, fig and several others native to Bahrain. The fragrance was wonderful, like honeysuckle.

In the video, our hostess is the woman in the light violet scarf. I wanted to give you a feel of their enthusiasm. I never feel excluded, even when the conversation is in Arabic. Generally, at least one person will translate into English for me. I am seeing for the second time, some of the women I met last week, and they are so welcoming. They offer their hand, or as one woman said yesterday, "In Bahrain, we kiss."

This is the other side of the house, a covered patio with interesting trees and hanging baskets.

More than a dozen tables were set for us throughout the garden, on the patio, and in the gazebo, for a buffet supper.



More soon!!!

No comments: