Friday, February 22, 2008

Walk to the Post Office

I like to walk to the local Post Office, which only takes about 15 minutes to get there. If I go mid-morning, the temperatures are mild. I walk up to, what we call, the corner, which is the center of our one round-about village, called Budaiya, and then it is only about 200 yards up the road.

Here you can see I have reached the side street, where I turn to go to the Post Office. You can see in the background what I mean by a round-about, where the cars have stopped at the circle and allow cars from the left to come through before they proceed either to the right or straight ahead.



On the way back, this woman is waiting for the bus. See, it's cool in Bahrain.



On my return, I came through a different alleyway, and came across this house, and what luck this little girl walked into my photo. I saw her turn the corner, and enter the house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry I haven't had time to check the blog lately, but I got caught up on several entries tonight. The extremely low tides were probably due to the full moon. Were you able to see any of the lunar eclipse? We had cloudy skies right before the eclipse was to begin, but then the clouds magically disappeared. It was perfectly clear the rest of the night! A beautiful sight!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to show my favorite cheese bread place AND smoothie vendor in an upcoming post! Yum!